Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's pretty official...

For the past couple weeks I have been doing little "day hikes" almost daily.  Some have been shorter than others, but today I made it official by heading back up to Mt. Monadnock.  The campsite is still closed (as I said in the last post) but I got up there early enough to make it home for the night.  

Monadnock is no Mt. Washington (in the White Mountains) or Katahdin (in Maine) but it is a pretty good challenge and I'm thinking if the leg can handle this, then I can handle some of the flatter sections of the AT.  

Also, I got to hike with the gear.  I went from mini waist pack to "day backpack," to hiking with the big pack with about 30 pounds of gear.  So far, so good.  Today I went back to the mini waist pack to hike Monadnock.  And I'm glad I did.  It was very slippery from the rain yesterday and I got to see first hand why the campground is closed.  The trees were down everywhere.  It looked like a tornado went through.  It was a bit of an obstacle course.  But I managed, just fine.

So, here's the new plan...  

I will be staying in town this week Monday through Friday.  Then I will be going to CT on Sunday (I figure I might as well hang out with Mom for Mother's Day since I'm here.)  Then early next week-- I start logging some miles on the Appalachian Trail.  

That means that this week (Monday through Friday) I will be available to do massage.  So feel free to spread the word.  But schedule your own appointment first as times will fill in quickly! 

To schedule an appointment, please call me at (617) 543-0482 or send an e-mail to .  Please do not try to schedule your appointment on this website by making a comment.   

So finally, about six weeks later than planned, I will be out on the Appalachian Trail for the first real section.  Then it will be official.

Peace and Love,

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I just wanted to check in and make sure you were safe, warm,& dry. You had a nice day for walking yesterday, today doesn't look like it's starting out to be to good but it's early yet. I hated dropping you off in Kent at night. But that is what you wanted so that is what we did. Setting up a campsite in the dark must have been a challange but by the time we dropped Nico off, then Miss Amanda, and I got home you were already calling to check on us to see if we got home alright instead of the other way around. I was going to call you to see if you got your tent set up and here you were on the phone in your tent sung as a bug. I promise I'm not going to buy you like I did in March. I Blog to you and that is it. When you want me to pick you up on the other end I'll be there as always. Oh and by the way if I haven't told you the beard looks really good. I don't know what it will look like after a month on the trail but right now it's good. LOL

    Talk to you soon Love Mom