Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Mountain Man...

For those of you who have not seen me since March, I thought you would get a kick out of me with the beard...  Believe it or not, it does help to keep me warm at night while sleeping out in the woods.  Also, I have been wearing a hat or bandana when I go out in public.  My hair is getting pretty long, but not long enough yet to do anything with it.  So I just keep it covered for now.  

I haven't decided if I'm going to let the hair continue to grow or not.  I'll decide for sure by September.  We'll see how patient I am.  And even though I am getting rave reviews on the beard, I'm afraid that when I finish hiking for the summer, the beard will likely disappear.  


This is what I look like most of the time these days.  Very casual.  


This is a "Beef Cake" shot...  Mr. April in the Handsomest Hikers of 2009 Calendar. 


In this close up you get a better view of my rain hat (as opposed to the Life Is Good - Peace Sign hat in the top and bottom pictures.)    




In this shot, you can see my Chameleon walking shoes from the previous post and my favorite walking stick that I will write about in the next post.  

Enjoy.
Peace and Love,
-----Nick





No comments:

Post a Comment